Welcome to my attempt to live fully and honestly, to sing out the song of myself, to truly know who I am......

.....either that or the ramblings of a barely coherant, tired out mum of two!!



Monday 17 January 2005

What a Week that Was!

Last week I started to get a pain in my chest just below my left boob. It got worse so on Monday I went to the doctor who prescribed Gaviscon. It didn't improve so on Tuesday morning I rang the Maternity unit. They told me to come in. After several hours and several tests they admitted me to the ward. More tests followed and the consultant seemed quite worried about my condition.

Eventually they had all but ruled out anything serious - although they couldn't quite rule out pulmonary embolism. I am therefore now on daily injections to thin my blood to sort out any clot. They allowed me home on Thursday afternoon.

On Friday my son was sent home early from nursery due to lethargy and high temperature. He was diagnosed with a throat infection. The high temperature made him vomit - a lot!

He is much better this morning but now my husband is feeling under the weather - hopefully it's just down to lack of sleep!

I am back at work but under instruction to take it easy - no running about. I still have the pain and the shortness of breath but I am ok as long as I don't overdo it.

Isn't life grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment