Welcome to my attempt to live fully and honestly, to sing out the song of myself, to truly know who I am......

.....either that or the ramblings of a barely coherant, tired out mum of two!!



Tuesday 14 September 2004

Visitng the in-laws

I have just returned home from visiting my in-laws. I am very glad to be home. Don't get me wrong - I think my in-laws are lovely people but they are hard work! Things started out ok - on Friday we (that's Mr Blog and I) along with Mr Blogs brother were invited to a graduation ceremony where father-in-law was receiving an honorary fellowship from a prestigous University of London college. It was a great event and we all had a lovely time. On Saturday there was a lunch at the RAF club to celebrate my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary. Again it was a great event.

I guess the problem is that parents always think they know best even when their child is all grown up, married an with a child of their own. I feel like I am being lectured constantly about how I should look after Mr Blog and Blog Jnr. I feel like I am always missing the performance target they have set for me and that they really don't approve. I am beginning to think that perhaps next time I will stay at home and my husband can take our son to visit on his own. We will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment