Welcome to my attempt to live fully and honestly, to sing out the song of myself, to truly know who I am......

.....either that or the ramblings of a barely coherant, tired out mum of two!!



Friday 17 September 2004

Prince Harry

The papers this morning are full of news about the young Princes' first TV interview. Apparently he is out in Lesotho visiting orphanages and wants to continue the charitable work begun by his mother. Some of the media are suggesting that this is an attempt by the palace PR firm to rebrand Harry from hellraiser to fundraiser.

I don't see it myself. Just because he is a Prince it surely doesn't mean he isn't entitled to some of the excesse of youth, does it? Didn't we all as teenagers get a bit drunk, acted a bit loud and loutish. Didn't we make a fool of ourselves on occassion before we grew up, settled down and took on the responsibilities of adulthood?

I can certaintly remember doing stuff I wish I hadn't but for the most part it was all harmless fun. Give Harry a break - if he is ready to take on the mantle and burden of being a grown up Royal then let him, if not then equally give him space to be a youngster, childhood is all too fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment