Welcome to my attempt to live fully and honestly, to sing out the song of myself, to truly know who I am......

.....either that or the ramblings of a barely coherant, tired out mum of two!!



Friday 29 October 2004

It's A Miracle

I've been ill again - another cold that wiped me out and left me as weak as a kitten. I often wonder why pregnancy can make a person feel so ill and so tired with no immunity to anything. People say 'Oh, you do look well' and I don't really feel I can spoil the moment by replying that they should have seen me ten minutes ago when I had my head stuck down a toilet throwing up my lunch.

So why does it make some women tired. I don't know, all I can really focus on is the end rsult. That wonderful moment when I hold my baby in my arms for the first time and whisper words of welcome and introductions. I wouldn't swap that for anything and yes it is all worth it in the end.

In the meantime I carry on feeling like a sack of shit while the miracle of creation is played out in my tummy. And it is a miracle, only I get to take part in this one! Oh, God does all the hard work - the knitting together and the gift of a soul - but I get to help, if only a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment