Welcome to my attempt to live fully and honestly, to sing out the song of myself, to truly know who I am......

.....either that or the ramblings of a barely coherant, tired out mum of two!!



Tuesday 22 May 2007

Hurt - the Power of Names Revisited.


I feel hurt and angry and bewildered.

I had an email from a family member saying how upset they were about my recent post 'Abigail' now retitled as 'The Power of Names'. They asked me to remove the post because as the parents of the child that died they were upset at what I had said. I guess in some way they feel that the post was about their little girl but it wasn't.

The post is about my Abigail, the future possibility of my little girl, the future possibility of a damaged life redeemed and made whole.

I had carried this Abigail since I was 20 years old. She lived in my heart as a possible, as a maybe one day. I dreamed of her and all that she represented. You see if this child ever came to be it would mean that I had reached a safe place in my life, that I would have undergone healing and transformation, that I would be well and happy and safe and whole.

This blog was (is?)bout giving voice to the voiceless. It is about documenting a journey. It was (is?) about allowing the voice that was silenced through sexual, physical, emotional and spiritual abuse a place to speak, a space to be heard.

And now I once again feel someone reach out to silence me. Someone who does not understand the words or the need to speak. Someone whose own pain has made them unable to see what was really being said.

No comments:

Post a Comment